Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Memoir Projects #1

The memoir No Limits by Michael Phelps really interested me. It's amazing that one swimmer can receive 8 gold medals, some of them being as close as .01 seconds.Thankfully, Michael had his mom's support and I think that is what led him to do so well in the Olympics. Having someone say something like "You'll never be anything", especially coming from a teacher would really crush me, as a student or a parent. Michael's mom and eventually Michael used this as a motivation to become something and that to me is truly inspiring.



Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis sounded very different, a memoir where I feel you would be surprised around every corner. The story sounds very sad, his dad getting him into cocaine at such a young age it seems as if he almost didn't have a chance. I hope he is clean now but clearly he has had a successful life and in the interview he seems like a pretty happy, spontaneous person.



No comments:

Post a Comment