Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Reflection Week 4/21

     The music video presentations have been very interesting. There has been such a wide variety of music and so many cool interpretations. That is something I admire about music, it is so different, and so personal to every person individually. I think the video How Do You Like Me Now?  By Toby Keith did a  really good  job of portraying all ten terms. There were concrete of each and that is one of the only ones I've seen so far that has done that. It was hard to find a video that depicted all of them well like that. There were two that really stood out to me as fascinating. Breezeblocks by Alt J The Scientist by Coldplay. I don't typically watch music videos, I like imagining my own story in my head but I have never seen videos like these two. The reverse method was really strange but very powerful and those to stood out to me.
     This project led me to realize a couple things about  my personal interest in music. I found that music videos are not really my thing but that music research is something that I would like to spend more of my time  doing. I chose the song Highway 20 Ride by Zac Brown Band and after  spending 5  minutes  researching I learned so much about that song. It gave me a much deeper connection to the song and I felt compassion for the song writers, two members  of the band. I think I will start researching my favorite songs more often. I think learning that was the best part of this  project.
 Wyatt Durrette (Auteur,  Highway 20 Ride)

No comments:

Post a Comment