Friday, November 15, 2013

Reflection

     After watching all the videos in class I was flooded with new perspectives and unanswered questions. I still believe that the attack on Matthew Shepard was partially a hate crime but I think that meth played a role as well. The thing that was most fascinating to me was watching Aaron Mckinney's interview on the 20/20 special. Russell Henderson's interested me as well but what was so shocking for me about McKinney's was his demeanor. He seemed so indifferent about the whole situation. I cannot understand how someone could do such a horrible thing to another person in the first place but on top of that it unbelieveable that he shows almost no regret or remorse. He sort of just behaves like it happened, I did it, it's over with. It was striking and something that I had a hard time understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment