Monday, March 3, 2014

Reflection Week 2/24

    The essays this week were hard for me because they were before we discussed and I was confused on a lot of the reading material. After we discussed, I understood that I analyzed the section incorrectly. I felt like Tayo started healing through the ceremonies and stories that Betonie told him. I felt like he was finally becoming happy and starting feel like he could let go of some of his sadness or at least control it. Then when he came down and spent time with Harley, Leroy, and Helen Jean I felt that he was relapsing. He started drinking again to numb himself and it seemed to me that he enjoyed that. Now I know that Tayo was realizing that he no longer wanted to feel that way and live his life that way.
    I am very glad to see that Tayo has continued healing, that I was wrong in my analyzation. The discussion we had after the essays really helped me better analyze portions of the reading and I can now see that Tayo was still healing. He was relapsing in a way but during that he knew it wasn't what he was going to continue to do. Also, now that we are farther in the reading it is so apparent that Tayo is way healthier. I am so happy for Tayo and it is such a relief to see him feel and react like a healthy person. I feel his happiness when he smiles and it is contagious. It is amazing what Tayo has overcome. 

This picture represents Tayo and his relief/release from his sadness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment